Issaquah History Museums



Buildings & Sites

How Farms Became State Park

How Farms Became State Park

Before Lake Sammamish State Park existed, land on the banks of Lake Sammamish belonged to local farming families. Learn more about the land that became the park in this article.

Alexander House

Alexander House

155 NW Gilman Blvd Once a familiar landmark on the east shore of Lake Sammamish, this house was built by Thomas and Caroline Alexander in 1902 on land which was known for most of the century as Alexander's Resort. Thomas Alexander had earlier been the "walking boss"...

Bank of Issaquah Building

Bank of Issaquah Building

111 Front Street North This was a particularly ornate bank building when it was built in 1910 to replace an early wood-frame of the Bank of Issaquah.  At that time, the upper floor served as office space for area dentists and doctors.  Over time, sections of the...

Boehms Candies

Boehms Candies

255 Gilman Boulevard North The Boehm's Story Located in downtown Issaquah in an authentic Alpine Chalet, Boehm's Candies, Inc. has a history as unique as any of the one hundred and fifty types of chocolate and other confectionaries manufactured on its premises. Even...

Church of Christ

Church of Christ

335 Newport Way NW [av_hr class='invisible' height='12' shadow='no-shadow' position='center' custom_border='av-border-thin' custom_width='50px' custom_border_color='' custom_margin_top='30px' custom_margin_bottom='30px' icon_select='yes' custom_icon_color=''...

Coutts Building

Coutts Building

99 Front Street North History This building has housed many Issaquah businesses since it was constructed, replacing the earlier Coutts Building, in 1913. Cornelius Coutts returned from Alaska and purchased the Tolle Anderson Front Street business lot for $800. Coutts...

Finney’s Market (Peters Agency)

Finney’s Market (Peters Agency)

71 Front Street North History J.W. Finney constructed his first meat market on this site circa 1900. In 1904, a fire devastated a large part of Issaquah's downtown, including Finney's building. The Issaquah Independent reported that "Incendiarism was suspected as...

Gibson Hall

Gibson Hall

105 Newport Way SW Today's Gibson Hall began life in 1936 as a three-sided picnic shelter constructed by the Works Progress Administration. The hall also had its own outbuilding that provided for restrooms and storage. Town Park was also the site of the Issaquah Free...

Gilman Town Hall Museum

Gilman Town Hall Museum

165 SE Andrews Street Gilman Town Hall is believed to be one of the oldest buildings still standing in the vicinity of downtown Issaquah (the other being the 1888 International Order of Odd Fellows Hall).  It was constructed in 1888 as a community hall, a purpose it...

Gilman Village

Gilman Village

In 1972, Betty Konarski, owner of the Country Mouse consignment store, convinced Marvin and Ruth Mohl to scrap their plans to create another strip mall, and to create what would be Gilman Village instead.