Tours of Issaquah History Museums
Our age-appropriate guided tours for kids are designed to support and augment Issaquah School District’s curriculum standards. Tours may also fulfill requirements for Girl Scout, Boy Scout, or Camp Fire badges. We are happy to tailor our tours to the needs of your group!
Trained guides use inquiry-based methods to engage students and let them guide the tour. Both museums contain hands-on elements that make history come alive for kids.
Gilman Town Hall tours address the themes of pioneer life, communities,Issaquah’s early industries, and the general history of our town. Children can set off an imaginary charge with an authentic dynamite blaster, ring a logging camp bell, and explore the old old two-cell town jail constructed in 1914.
Issaquah Depot tours address the themes of the Industrial Revolution, travel and communication, and the early economic development of Issaquah. Students experience a bit of what it was like to be a railroad passenger, a station agent, or a member of the train crew. explore a variety of displays, many of which include interactive elements such as a telegraph.
You may also choose to extend your tour experience with a discussion of the Bill Haddon mural of Issaquah’s history, or a brief walking tour of sites around the Depot.
GUIDED MUSEUM TOUR PRICES:
Pricing is per museum for up to 15 participants in a group (the Gilman Town Hall or Issaquah Depot Museum). Each additional participant is charged according to the pricing below.
Regular Tour per Museum:
$45 adult tours for up to 15 participants. Each additional participants is $2.
$30 student/senior tours for up to 15 participants. Each additional student/senior is $1.
Issaquah School District (ISD) Tours:
$15 ISD tours for up to 15 participants. Each additional student is $1.
- Adult chaperones for ages under 18 are required at a 1 adult to 5 children ratio and are free. Additional adults pay an adult rate.
- Minimum age for group tours is 3. Children ages 2 and under are free and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who does not count as a free chaperone.
- Additional tour guides, as determined by group size are $15/guide.
- Final number of children and adults participating in the tour/s has to be provided latest 5 days before the day of the tour/s.
- Fees should be paid prior to the beginning of the tour.
- Guided tours shall be arranged with Museum staff at least two weeks in advance.
- A group may consist of a maximum of 15 and requires one tour guide. Groups with more than 15 individuals may require additional tour guides subject to the discretion of the Museum staff. All guided tours depend on the availability of the Issaquah History Museums’ volunteers and staff.
- Guided tours take 45 to 60 minutes depending on the needs and attention span of the group participants.
- Please let us know if promotional pictures should be not taken during your tour at our Museums.
Ready to Schedule?
Let us know who you are and what kind of tour you’re interested! A staff member will get back to you soon.