https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/ozq.76d.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Belleve-Hotel.jpg?time=1618091394 267 380 admin https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/ozq.76d.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Issaquah-History-Museums1.png admin2015-12-18 09:54:302015-12-18 09:54:30Looking back: Bellevue Hotel
The Bellevue Hotel, at the southeast corner of the intersection between Front Street and Sunset Way, was quite a landmark in the early 1900’s. This photo, taken around 1912, shows that the entrance to the hotel was moved to the one story addition on the east side of the building. The double doors provided an entrance to the tavern, where “No Minors Allowed” adorns the glass above the doors. That tree that was so small in the previous photo is now a hearty specimen, and there are both power and telephone poles in place on each side of the structure.
Published in the Issaquah Press on July 1, 1988